Wednesday, March 31, 2010

There are quite a few people living in this one body.

Though I suspect it's like that for everyone.

First, there's a polite, genteel exterior that never gets angered in any way, shape or form. This is my public, "Can-I-help-you-ma'am" facade that I put on at work.

Under that, there's a sensitive, caring, kind persona. This comes out when I'm with people I don't interact with regularly or on a more personal level (such as my coworkers and such), but more regularly than a stranger on the street.

Then, underneath that, there's a fun-loving, off-the-wall personality. This is more the real me than anything else; he's wacky, destructive, hilarious and filthy. This comes out when I'm interacting with close friends and those who have proven they can handle that kind of humour.

Going deeper, there's a bitter, bitchy, apathetic self that couldn't give a damn what happens to anyone sometimes, including himself. He's suffered his whole life, so why should things change? Why should anyone else be happy? This comes out with I'm in a bad mood and I'm with someone I feel comfortable with.

Going even further, there's a romantic nature tinged with more than a little bit of sadness. This comes out very, very rarely, more than likely because I don't have anyone to direct it towards.

Stripping me down to the bone, there's a polite, sensitive, off-the-wall, bitter and romantic soul.

I'm all of these personas.

All of these people inside of my skin combine and contrast to create one me.

No comments:

Post a Comment